endless inspiration

endless inspiration

Monday, July 5, 2010

That gut feeling

Have you ever done something, or met someone and you get that gut feeling that something is wrong? I have and twice it's happened to the same person I have encountered. My brother in law, I won't name names in case I get in trouble, is getting married to someone he just met about a month and a half ago. But first let me fill you in on all the details. It all first started with him dumping his live in girlfriend of almost 11 years. She was older, had children and worshiped the ground he walked on. Well she did until the last year of their relationship. She was tired of waiting around for that ring, she wanted something permanent, but he wasn't ready to commit. Go figure, he couldn't commit to a piece of paper but had no problem buying a house with her and living with her for 11 years. I think I'm right on this but in most states she's considered his "Common Law" wife by that time and could actually collect alimony if she desired to. But anyways, so he breaks up with her, deserts the house, just letting it go, not paying any more for it or the bills. Well he gets this appartment/condo from his neighbor next door and lives in there for a while. He and neighbor start talking and the neighbor wants him to meet his daughter who lives in New York City and is one of the hairstylest/makeup artists for two major tv shows right now. So they start talking on the phone, almost every day. She wants to meet him but her schedule is crazy so he takes a leap of faith and flies to Puerto Rico to meet her while the show is being filmed there. First date is basically first time too. So ok some people are like that. Well he paid for that flight and she has been paying for all the rest!!!! There hasn't been a weekend that they have not been together that SHE has not paid for. Sound a little odd? I mean ok so sometimes you pay for your guy but not all the time! He's basically spending ALL of her money cause he has none. She pays for everything! They were here this past weekend and I saw her hand him money to put in his pocket so it looked like he had money when it came time to pay the bill. Gut feeling? not so wonderful. Why would she be willing to pay to have his company? He wanted a fast boat, she wanted a family boat guess what they got? a Fast boat. He's taking it as fast as she can give it to him. Gut feeling? still not good. Asked about why they are getting married so quickly? ok so I asked a pretty personal question but it was the question we all wanted to ask. The answer was vague...Gut feeling? still not good. Are they going to have kids? yes I asked that too, No we don't want any, we want to spend all of our time to ourselves, ok I can understand that. They are both 40 etc...asked if it happened would they be ok with that? Oh no, we would get rid of it! exact words. Gut feeling? bad again. Ok so I know it's their decision but the way it was put out there just seemed so wrong. Actually had to pray really hard about the answers I heard cause the desturbed me so much. She seems really nice and they are all lovey dovey but I can't help but have that Gut Feeling that it's wrong.... I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have always been a crafter and then one day I discovered beading and I was hooked!